The web portfolio of Roslyn Michelle Cyrus
At some point during my youth, Art met Technology.
The two have been inseparable ever since. Design and programming complete both sides of my brain. I must admit: I have an addiction. I can’t function without a pencil, mouse, or brush in my hand on a daily basis. I am also self-taught; I didn’t discover my love for media design until half-way through college. Nevertheless, I never cease to learn and am full of motivation.Download My Resume
Cornell University: College of Arts & Sciences, Ithaca, NY (03-07)
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Africana Studies
- To work in the mobile and web industries where my programming, user interface design, writing and editing skills can be utilized to the fullest advantage.
- To secure a position where my passion for design, ability to learn quickly, and desire to take on new challenges can be fulfilled.
Current Work Experience
Illumio (9/13 – Present)
User Experience Designer: Sunnyvale, CA
- Design the web application for our security platform, including wizards and visualizations.
- Served as team leader for nearly a year while the team was without a design manager.
- Designed a core visualization feature to make network rule building intuitive and simple.
Recent Work Experience
Citrix Systems (3/10 – 9/13)
Product Designer: Santa Clara, CA
- Designed and led concept creation and user interface layout for mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Blackberry platforms, including the complete design of Receiver for iPad.
- Trained and mentored other designers on various projects, software and techniques.
- Designed and developed admin consoles and promotional webpages for several web-based products.
- Created custom icon sets for various products, including XenDesktop, XenVault, and XenCenter.
Art & Illustration
Logos & Icons
I enjoyed a lot working with Roslyn. Her sharpness and knowledge of both worlds (Product Design, Engineering) makes things so much easier for engineering teams. She is a very hard worker and understands the need of the hour… Before starting with the design she will understand the feature completely by understanding the specifications, asking the right questions. Due to this once she comes up with the flow it is not only superb from a Design perspective, it covers all functionality requirements as well.
It is hard to come across true product design hybrid designers. Roslyn, was not only a hybrid designer but a TRI-Brid designer. When given a design challenge, she would come up with the UX, design the look and feel, then prototype in code how it could all come together. She was always a joy to manage on the team, it was great to know that whatever project or product she was on it would always be on target. Roslyn is a one-woman shop when it comes to product design.
I’ve worked with Roslyn very closely since 2014. It has been amazing working with Roslyn who is an outstanding and detail-oriented interaction designer. I’ve seen her approach very challenging design problems in a methodical and creative way. One of her greatest strengths is the ability to to tackle vague concepts and create full-fledged designs. She is also a true advocate for the user. She not only appreciates feedback from UX research but actively seeks it and reflects on them to improve her designs. Roslyn is/shall be a great asset to any design team. I highly recommend her.